Hey there lovelies!
I am back at it again with another review, and this time it is the Essence Waterproof Eyeliner pen!
This eyeliner markets at $2.99, but I unfortunately had to pay $3.49 at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. Still, that price cannot be beat.
Now, down to the deets:
- The Packaging: I’ll come out and say it, I don’t buy my makeup for the packaging. Sure it might incline me to make a purchase, but only if it’s a product that I already considered buying. The packaging of the eyeliner is sleek and simple. It’s nothing eyecatching, but it’s also not an eye sore.
- The Tip: The pen is a felt tip, which has a decent length to it and comes to a nice sharp point. This makes it super easy to get that perfect wing you’ve always wanted.
- Is it easy to use? Yes! Extremely. It glides on so smoothly and perfectly. I love how easy it is to make smooth, clean lines; I hardly ever have to clean my wing up with concealer when using this pen.
- Colour pay off: I will admit that it’s not the darkest black eyeliner I’ve ever seen. That being said though, it is still a great black liner option, and the colour can be built up.
- Water proof? Now, I haven’t actually tested this in water, but it did hold up when I had a bit of a cry session yesterday. I don’t usually need water proof eyeliner, but I was impressed that it didn’t run or smudge with all of my tears. I didn’t buy this eyeliner because it was water proof, but RachhLoves on YouTube did a review of some water proof drugstore products, and this was included in the video! Check it out here!
I really don’t have anything bad to say about this eyeliner! I am honestly so happy with it, and can’t believe it cost me less than $4! I have been on a bit of a budget for makeup lately, but this eyeliner sure feels like a high end eyeliner.
I give it a 5/5!
Let me know in the comments below if you’ve tried this eyeliner and what your thoughts on it are!
What are your favourite drugstore eyeliners?